cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Is "podsafe" music affected by CRB rulings

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: jonathon <jblake AT eskimo.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Is "podsafe" music affected by CRB rulings
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 04:58:26 +0000

Kevin Phillips (home) wrote:

Yes, sorry.....see I need that clever license chooser thingy we invented
earlier ;)

Before you grab that hat, reconsider your position.

read "if Your public digital performance is primarily intended for or
directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation."

Undefined phrase "primarily intended".

Does your day job see an increase in revenue because of your podcast?
If so, then your private stream can be defined as being "primarly intended for ... private monetary compensation."

That might seem extreme, but if your "day job" is in the music industry, then the demonstrating that it was intended as "commercial" is trivial.

xan

jonathon