cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Citing and using selected pictures out of context.

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Itai Be'erli" <itai_y_beerli AT hotmail.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Citing and using selected pictures out of context.
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:45:58 +0200

Thanks, Peter, for answering my question.

(1) You wrote: "The licensor grants you the right to copy the work or just parts of the work." Where is this written?

(2) You wrote: "The licensor also grants you the right to adapt his work and publish
such adaptations without having to ask for permission." The word "adapt" is too vague for me. Is there any list - not necessarily exhaustive, but detailed - of examples for the notion "adaptation", as it is supposed to be understood by the users of the CC licenses?