cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Slashdot Thread On "Proving Creative Commons Licensing of a Work?"

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Luis Villa" <luis AT tieguy.org>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Slashdot Thread On "Proving Creative Commons Licensing of a Work?"
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:09:52 -0500

On 1/30/07, Bryan Rasmussen <BRS AT itst.dk> wrote:
I suppose a third
party archive of creative commons licensed material would be sufficient
authority to defend against arguments of faking the screenshots.

For what it is worth, I've argued on cc-devel that CC should provide a
central 'registry' for CC-licensed material, which would help solve
this problem and others, but CC has apparently decided against that.
See:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-devel/2006-August/000213.html

both for my argument and Mike's response.

(search for "CC could perhaps resolve this problem by offering a
web-facing central...")

Luis