cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Dual CC Licensing

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Dual CC Licensing
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:53:06 -0800

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 12:07 -0500, OSS wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am aware of a few examples of real-world dual licensing that
> involves a CC license and also another, custom license. An example is
> Magnatune. Is anyone aware of examples of someone using dual CC
> licenses, like maybe a NC-SA + NC-ND or NC-SA + some sort of
> commercial sampling license?

Beatpick offers an arrangement very similar to Magnatune.

Scoopt and Pump Audio each facilitate CC licensing and offer separate
commercial licensing at the same time.

Those are all examples of offering a public license and the possibility
of obtaining a private license.

Many Wikipedia users dual license their contributions under FDL and BY
or BY-SA, which is an example of offering multiple public licenses,
somewhat common in the open source software world.

--
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer