cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Question about BY and SA licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: OSS <opensourcepro AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Question about BY and SA licenses
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:12:32 -0500

Hi all,

I have a basic question dealing with attribution with particular interest in photographs. If I took a CC Attribution photo from Flickr, and reworked it, would providing the attribution in metadata form be good enough to satisfy the requirement of the license? In other words, adding the 'image by XYZ' along with all of the regular metadata such as the camera and copyright info.

Thanks!
MLF