cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] ParaDist Questions

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] ParaDist Questions
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:26:03 -0800

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 14:41 -0500, James Grimmelmann wrote:
> This is all a long way of explaining why I don't share Mike's confidence
> that the anti-TPM clause isn't implicated by the greeting cards and snow
> globes.

Tentative assumption rather than confidence, but your explanation has
mostly persuaded me.

So assuming an digital artifact without digital out is effectively TPM,
and assuming no parallel distribution, would it be possible for an
electronic greeting card to comply with a CC license? By making very
clear that lack of digital out is not a matter of TPM but of expense,
e.g., documenting the chip's pinout?

--
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer