cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Subject: Re: Version 3.0 - List Discussion Responses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <rob AT robmyers.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Subject: Re: Version 3.0 - List Discussion Responses
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 19:28:30 +0100

Rob Myers wrote:
Evan Prodromou wrote:
So: we are absolutely concerned about Free Culture items and licenses;
we wouldn't have wasted 2 years on this process if we weren't.

You are concerned about being able to exploit Free Culture work and licenses in the name of Free Software. You are not concerned with Free Culture itself.

Evan -

Even a passing familiarity with your work with Wikitravel, Debian and CC shows what I have written here to be completely untrue.

I'm very sorry for posting such nonsense.

- Rob.