cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Photo alongside text: collective or derivative

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen AT iki.fi>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Photo alongside text: collective or derivative
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:13:22 +0300

On Jul 6, 2006, at 00:17, Terry Hancock wrote:
Henri Sivonen wrote:
Suppose a photo (or another image) is licensed under CC-by-sa 2.5.
Then suppose the photo is reproduced as an illustration next to text
(either on a Web page or on a printed page)
[....]

Prior CC statements with specific reference to Wikipedia
indicate that the CC copyleft does not apply to that case: the two
works are separate.