cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Founders as a module? was Re: Getting to Version 3.0

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Douglas Pollard" <Dougpol1 AT adelphia.net>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Founders as a module? was Re: Getting to Version 3.0
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 19:15:44 -0400

Here is a little something from a different perspective as regards CC. Last year I made up an hour long DVD of living aboard a sailboat in FortLauderdale and sailing to the Bahamas spending the winter doing all the things you do on a trip like that and returning To Fort Lauderdale. I didn't have all the photos I needed and I added music. I didn't worry about copyright as I was going to give copy's to my kids and no one else.. Everyone including friends that I showed it too really liked it.
I thought I might remove all the copywrited stuff add CC music and pictures and put it on line free under CC. I am finding it almost impossible to find stuff that I can use because so many pictures film clips and music have different conditions for use. I also have not been able to figure out if it's ok to give credit on a separate page at the end of the cd. I am beginning to think that CC is not practical for use in something like I am trying to do. Seems like there should be a different search engine for each different type of license. If not yet down the road someplace. Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry Hancock" <hancock AT anansispaceworks.com>