cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Fanfic-enabling license?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Fanfic-enabling license?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 06:55:30 -0500

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 01:14 am, Marcelo Resegue wrote:

> Maybe, there could be a even more restrictive CC license for that end.
> Let's call it now CC-kp-sa-nc: Creative Commons keep property, share
> alike, non commercial. That means the original author gives anyone the
> right to use, modify and distribute the work, but he keeps authorship of
> any derivative work; that others may distribute that work and the
> derivative work under the same license only for non-commercial use.

I don't think the kp would need the nc to work. I could work the same with
straight by-sa as well as by-sa-nc. (I don't like the idea, but I do think it
would work for by-sa as well as by-sa-nc.)

While we are at it, we could go further in the other direction as well.

Instead of kp, we could have fc (free completely) where the original author
promises to only use the work under the terms of the license and to give no
other licenses to the work at all.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22drew%20Roberts%22