cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] cc-licenses Digest, Vol 33, Issue 3

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] cc-licenses Digest, Vol 33, Issue 3
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 07:15:22 -0500

One last try since you still refuse to answer or deal with one by one the
specific points put to you.

On Sunday 04 December 2005 09:32 pm, phyllostachys nuda wrote:

> Furthermore, 'user interpretation' is not the issue here, as this is not
> the equivalent of the Postal Service delivering mail. The primary person
> who gets to decide what is appropriate and inappropriate is the person who
> creates the work that is under a human rights-type of license.

Exactly, and this is one of the big reasons it will fail.

> The user is
> supposed to abide by those rules. The users of the license are the ones who
> may come under legal scrutiny from the creators of the work they are using.
> Not the other way around.

I don't ever plan on using such a license for just the reason you cite above.
It is also one of the reasons I tend not to play with the NC licenses areound
here.

Why in the world would I be willing to open myself up to lawsuits in this
fashion?

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22drew%20Roberts%22
CC BY-SA works on the internet archive.