cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Blog Engine License Advice No Longer Requested

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Carl Camera" <carl AT vinebranches.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Blog Engine License Advice No Longer Requested
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:00:18 -0600

Evan,

Your comment and candor are greatly appreciated. The feedback from this forum has convinced me to seek some other licensing model.

I would like to comment on your characterization of my inquiries:
If you insist on not giving away your information for free, please stop
asking us to give away ours.

For the record, I have been seeking -- and continue to seek for -- a way, in fact, to give my product away for free -- yet trying to ensure that others not profit from something they did not pay for. I believe there is no ethical dychotomy in requesting assistance for those ends.

I have great respect for CC and had sincerely hoped that its model would match my needs. If you or others have been offended by my posts, I offer my most sincere apologies.