cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] new license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Brooke Harper" <b-harper2007 AT law.northwestern.edu>
  • To: <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] new license
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:54:17 -0500

Hi, everyone.

I work for an [offline] academic journal that is considering revamping its copyright procedures, to allow the authors to retain the copyright to their work. The only license rights the journal would seek are: right to first publication, and right to acknowledgement as the first source of publication in the author’s future uses. I am a newcomer to Creative Commons, and do not understand any of the current licensing schemes to provide for this type of allocation of rights. I wonder if people could: 1. correct me if this is an incorrect understanding, 2. tell me if a similar license exists in another location, and 3. let me know if CC would consider creating such a license.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Brooke