cc-licenses - Re: Draft License 2.5 - Now open for discussion

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Draft License 2.5 - Now open for discussion
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 18:51:55 -0400 (EDT)

Evan Prodromou said:
> On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 04:54:01PM -0400, Greg London wrote:
>
>> re-reading Evan's original concern, I'm not
>> even sure right now if that was his meaning.
>
> No, I was trying to poke at this change from as many angles as
> possible and QA it before it becomes official. Does "preserve
> copyright notices" cause a problem? I think we've come to the
> conclusion that it does not.

It appears no more problematic than CC-SA as
far as copyright notices go.

This assumes that notices don't have to "bubble up"
the way attribution has to bubble up. If notices have
to bubble up, then it's a problem for cc-wiki
because it defeats the purpose of reducing overhead
to attributing just the wiki project. If notices
can remain "in place", then it isn't a problem for
cc-wiki.

--
Bounty Hunters: Metaphors for Fair IP Law.
http://www.greglondon.com/bountyhunters/