cc-licenses - different licenses for different portions of a website. How?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mark Ivey <zovirl AT zovirl.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: different licenses for different portions of a website. How?
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 22:01:46 -0700

How do I apply different licenses to different portions of my website?

On my website I have short blog entries, photographs (not all of them
mine), and source code for some programs. I would like a CC license for
most of this. However, I want the source code to be GPL, and obviously
I don't get the choose the license for the photographs which aren't
mine. What do I do?

The default wording "This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
Attribution License" doesn't seem cover this. I tried searching the
creative commons website and the list archives but didn't find anything.
Any help would be appreciated!

-Mark Ivey-