cc-licenses - Re: New version of Debian summary of Creative Commons 2.0 licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniel Carrera <dcarrera AT math.umd.edu>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: New version of Debian summary of Creative Commons 2.0 licenses
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 18:26:51 -0400

Daniel Carrera wrote:

> There /must/ be some way that moral rights avoid this dead-lock. I suggest
> someone find out what that is. Because whatever it is, holds the key to
> solving this conflict here.

>From the Berne convention:

Independently of the author's economic rights, and even after the
transfer of the said rights, the author shall have the right to claim
authorship of the work and to object to any distortion, mutilation or
other modification of, or other derogatory action in relation to, the
said work, which would be prejudicial to his honor or reputation.

(Article 6bis).

Does this mean that the Berne convention is incompatible with the DFSG?

If it is, we might as well find out now.

Daniel Carrera | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today! | I want it Tuesday.
http://oooauthors.org |