cc-licenses - Re: Attribution question.

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniel Carrera <dcarrera AT math.umd.edu>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Attribution question.
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:35:32 -0500

Greg London wrote:
> I would think the current maintainer would be functional information,
> like "this page last updated 28 Mar 2005" type info.

Okay, so functional information is differentiated from credits. That would
make sense. I was thinking just now, what if the document is a biography
of Daniel Carrera ? Obviously, Daniel will have more prominence. But the
BY license should allow him to work with his mom on a biography (after
all, he can't remember anything before he was 10).

> Since the "authors" section lists Nancy Koh alongside all the other
> contributers, they seem equally prominent. So the "authors" list
> gives equal prominence to all contributers, the "current maintainer"
> is not part of attribution but part of functional stuff about the
> project.

Okay, good good. Thanks!

> If the current maintainer wasn't listed with the other authors,
> then the current maintainer list would be part of the attribution
> stuff, and may qualify as "more prominent".
>
> But as it is, I would think it should satisfy.

Alright. I wouldn't have thought of that. Thank you.

Daniel Carrera | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today! | I want it Tuesday.
http://oooauthors.org |