cc-licenses - Re: Wiki license 0.5 beta

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Alex Schroeder <alex AT gnu.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Wiki license 0.5 beta
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 03:09:37 +0200

Evan Prodromou schrieb:

We have a list of contributors per page on Wikitravel.

I see two problems:

1. People not keeping logs. People using UseMod or Oddmuse wikis will find that old page revisions expire. The old logfiles are easy to delete. In fact, sites like Meatball don't make these old logfiles available, should they even exist.

2. Copying logs along when you create derivatives. Even if you assume that the log is there, and the 20 contributors are mentioned in it, copying a significant part of the page to another wiki will require you to copy the list of contributors as well. I think this is quite unusual, these days.

Having attribution mandatory would disqualify this license for my projects.

Alex.