cc-licenses - Dual Licensing and Selling CC'd Content

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Sigmascape1 AT cs.com
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Dual Licensing and Selling CC'd Content
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 07:07:32 -0500

Hello!

First question deals with the issue of dual licensing. I've read a lot of
threads about it, but I need some help. Is it a common pratice for content,
say a photograph, to be licensed under multiple CC licenses? Is it kind of
like a Magnatunes situation, a kind of try before you buy thing?

My second question deals with selling content. I am looking into the
possibility of releasing digital artwork I have created, and selling it on
CDs. At the same time, I am going to make some of the same content available
for free via my ibiblio account and on my website. Can anyone point me to
other examples of people/companies selling CC'd content. My artwork is going
to be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.

Thanks!

Mitch