cc-licenses - cc-nc second derivate (no sa)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Hans Fuchs <gucky-dated-1106762599.159c0a0caf4f AT fangorn.ch>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: cc-nc second derivate (no sa)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:03:18 +0100

Hi Greg

CC-NC is a market economy license. It keeps the work pretty much
to the original author, but allows hobbyists and fans to play around
with the work, pass copies around (for free), and create derivatives.
No one but the original author can sell the work.
But any derivatives created by fans can't be rolled in by the
original author to sell without the fan's permission.

Thanks a lot for your descriptions of the effects of CC Licenses. I think this is missing when you hit publish on creativecommons.org (maybe purposely).

I decided to put the actual songs under by-nc. That way I can decide what my songs are used for (people asking me for commercial uses) and maybe gain some money myself (ie. someone asks me if he can put a song of mine on a CD).

I extracted all the samples of my songs. These samples I will publish under either by-sa, by or sampling (there are only usa, brazil?)

Best,
Hans

--
http://fangorn.ch