cc-licenses - Attribution & Modification Notification on Portions of Material

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Ellis Cohen <escohen AT bu.edu>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Attribution & Modification Notification on Portions of Material
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:56:49 -0500

I'm planning to publish ~3000 powerpoint slides covering some courses I teach,
using a CC license, allowing people to reuse arbitrary portions of the material.

I've been thinking about the specifics of
- how I'd like readers of modified material to know that it was modified
- where & how I'd like to be credited
for each portion (e.g. powerpoint slide, sequence of slides, lecture)
of the material as it appears in the derived artifact.

Has there been any work (especially drafts I could use)
extending the CC license to be more specific in these areas?

-- Ellis Cohen

  • Attribution & Modification Notification on Portions of Material, Ellis Cohen, 01/11/2005