cc-licenses - CC License Question

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Eric Aitala <f1m AT f1m.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: CC License Question
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:42:19 -0600

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a license which would satisfy the following requirements, for images -

I create an image file, say a logo...
Anyone can use that logo for non-commercial uses...
They may modify that logo...
They must send a copy of the modified logo back to me to verify that it is a non-commercial use...

The reason behind this is that I am attempting to get the University Publication Office to create logos (or headers) which can be modified by the various groups within the University without having to use the standard copyrighted University logos, etc. The Pub. folks seem to think that 'copyright' is some sort of magic spell which prevents people from misusing the current logos.

Thanks,
Eric

Dr. Eric Aitala
University Webmaster