cc-licenses - Re: CC license & commercial works.

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: CC license & commercial works.
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:31:03 -0500 (EST)

Daniel Carrera said:
> But regardless, she isn't looking for a sales tool. She's looking for an
> excuse to put the CC button on her website and inform all her site
> visitors about it. Because she sees that it's a cool idea and wants to
> promote it.

The thing is the way she does it now
(download for free, if you keep it, pay for it)
doesn't jive with any CC license.
Like someone already mentioned, with CC licenses,
its permanently out of the bottle, there are no
conditionals that activate other requirements.

The closest she could come would be to change her
model to download it for free, and here is my tip
jar if you like it.

She could try the most restrictive CC license to begin with
CC-Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives
put it on one story, and that would give her an excuse to
put the CC Button on her website.

--
Hungry for a good read? Crave science fiction?
Get a taste of "Hunger Pangs" by Greg London.