cc-licenses - Re: Public Domain in sweden?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Alex Schroeder <alex AT gnu.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Public Domain in sweden?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:01:03 +0100

"Peter Brink" <peter.brink AT brinkdata.se> writes:

> To my mind the CC-attribution license might be as close to your goal
> as you can get, if you don't want to write your own license.

In Switzerland, and in Sweden too, I assume, you cannot give up your
rights, that is true. You can, however, promise to not enforce your
rights. So a short sentence would be good enough. Furthermore, in
court an American public domain license would be just as valid. It is
the intent that counts, and if you claimed your work was in the public
domain, then clearly you did not intend to enforce your rights, and
presto: The OP gets what he wanted -- nothing. ;)

Alex.
--
.O. http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/
..O Schroeder's fifth law: