cc-licenses - Noncommercial Reuse

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: <dskarjune AT dunwoody.edu>
  • To: <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Noncommercial Reuse
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:04:08 -0600

I'm a college instructor at a nonprofit institution.  For a new course, I would like to publish a small booklet in-house at the college for distribution to students for a small distribution fee.  I would like to combine some material with a CC  Attribution-NonCommercial 1.0 license and some material under the GNU FDL with some original material of my own.  I would like to publish the new aggregate primarily under a CC Attribution-NonCommercial 1.0.

Do I have a correct understanding of "noncommercial"?

Is it possible to include both licenses to cover the reused invariant selections from a GNU FDL source?

Is there an inherent conflict in the aggregate approach I've described?

Thanks,

David Hedrick Skarjune

Dunwoody College of Technology

Minneapolis, MN