cc-licenses - Advice on multiple authorship/wiki

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Jim Cheetham <jim AT gonzul.net>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Advice on multiple authorship/wiki
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:33:02 +1300

I'm setting up a wiki that will encourage unregistered people to contribute, and I'd like to ensure that the results are CC licensed. As far as I can tell, the CC licenses are worded to assume "a single author". The group that will "sponsor" the wiki has no legal entity.

What's the received wisdom on how to approach this (not uncommon) situation?

-jim