cc-licenses - copyrights in phono recordings

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: copyrights in phono recordings
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:46:17 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am just really trying to get untracked so I may have missed something
obvious.

Short version:

Seem to only have (C) and not (P) options.

Now, if I were to make a cover of someones audio work, would I not only have
(P) in my audio and no copyrights (C) in the underlying works? Can I have a
(C) in my recordings? I did not think so.

  • copyrights in phono recordings, drew Roberts, 10/10/2004