cc-licenses - Re: Suggested Improvements

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Suggested Improvements
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:51:28 -0400

Michaël Parienti wrote:

The debian-legal team suggested some improvements to Creative
Commons Attribution and Attribution-ShareAlike licenses here:

Will these licenses be modified in the way suggested by the
debian-legal team? When will this happen? Or did you already
answer to these remarks somewhere (but I can't find where)?

Hi, Michael. I'm the Debian project member who assembled the Creative Commons license summary DRAFT. That DRAFT is not finished yet -- there are still some things that need to get hammered out, and comments from debian-legal to be incorporated.

When we hit a final version, I'm going to send it to this list and other places for review. I don't know what will happen then, but there's been some talk of "bilateral" discussions between me and other Debian and debian-legal members and Creative Commons.

Feel free to send ideas or suggestion to the debian-legal list -- that's probably the best way to get them included in the summary.

I hope that clears up the process for you.

~ESP

  • Suggested Improvements, Michaël Parienti, 09/17/2004
    • Re: Suggested Improvements, Evan Prodromou, 09/17/2004