cc-licenses - Re: query re content not covered by cc license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: query re content not covered by cc license
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:11:26 +0100

On Thursday, August 05, 2004, at 09:59PM, James Grimmelmann
<james.grimmelmann AT yale.edu> wrote:

>At 02:55 AM 8/5/2004, Marc A. Garrett wrote:
>
>>Does creativecommons.org have suggested language to use when an image on
>>my site falls outside the scope of my cc license?
>
>I don't believe that CC has any official suggestions on the matter.
>
>Speaking entirely personally (and not as a lawyer), I would think that
>something quite simple should work.
>
>"This copyright on this picture is held by X. The Creative Commons license
>that covers other content on this site does not apply to it."

I just use a blanket statement on my blog:

"Unless otherwise expressly stated, all original writing by Rob Myers
included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's
archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons License."

Note that I scope it to my writing, excluding other people's writing and any
images. IANAL, though, so I don't know if this is watertight, but it seems OK
to me. :-)

- Rob.