cc-licenses - Re: proposal: cc-discuss

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Andrea Glorioso <andrea.glorioso AT agnula.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: proposal: cc-discuss
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 00:59:36 +0200

> I'd like to propose a new mailing list, hosted by ibiblio.org
> but under the Creative Commons aegis.

> It'd be geared to discussions of the creative commons (the idea)
> and Creative Commons (the organization) in general.

> The point would be to move some traffic from cc-licenses
> (admittedly, not particularly high-traffic, but still), so
> nit-picky discussions of fine points of the CC licenses could
> stay here, but more general ideas about Open Content, the public
> domain, copyright policy, intellectual property in general, news
> mentions of Creative Commons, and other non-license discussion
> could be collected elsewhere.

> As it stands, I'd guess maybe 20-40% of the discussion on this
> list is not specifically about the CC licenses themselves.

> I'd pick cc-discuss, cc-chat, cc-general, or something like that
> for the list name, but it's not terribly important.

I second your proposal. Very often I'd like to discuss some general
concepts but I refrain from posting here, since I've already posted
quite off-topic messages enough and I'd rather avoid continuing. ;)

`cc-general' seems a good name to me.

bye,

--
Andrea Glorioso andrea.glorioso AT agnula.org
AGNULA Technical Manager http://www.agnula.org/