cc-licenses - Re: [Agnula-Developers] Re: Practical Free Culture

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: developers AT lists.agnula.org
  • Subject: Re: [Agnula-Developers] Re: Practical Free Culture
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 12:11:52 -0700

Andrea Glorioso wrote:
I'm not particularly fond of Public Domain and I personally don't
think that it really guarantees the freedoms of the system as a whole.

If you mean that PD isn't copyleft, then neither are CC Attribution or EFF OAL.

I'm very fond of PD. :-)

However, I have to study the whole thing in more detail.

Of course, if there is a general consensus that Public Domain is a
good thing for AGNULA Libre Music, we will give that licensing option,
too.

Makes sense.

--
Mike Linksvayer

  • Re: [Agnula-Developers] Re: Practical Free Culture, Mike Linksvayer, 05/01/2004