cc-licenses - Freely sharing while keeping the right of selling prints

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniele Nicolucci (Jollino) <jollino AT sogno.net>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Freely sharing while keeping the right of selling prints
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:32:02 +0200

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the list so I suppose I'd better introduce myself.

I'm an italian 20 y.o. kid with a passion for art, whatever that might mean. I enjoy taking photos, writing and making music, and I'm very interested in the CC licenses.

What I'm most interested in is picking up a license for my photos. Using the license creation wizard, I picked up the Attribution-NoDerivs-NonCommercial license. This means that people are free to use my photos as long as they credit me as the original author, do not resell them (or use them for commercial purposes) and do not modify them (or use them as a verbatim basis for other works).
This is very nice, but... can I still sell prints of my photos? The answer should be yes, as I still have the right to waive these conditions for myself (being the author!). Am I right?

Also, where can I find a black on white version of the CC logo, ie. the one found on top of the the home page? I found the transparent versions of the circular symbols (they are referenced by the human-readable deeds), but the CC logo doesn't come out too well when printed on a black and white laser printer.

Thanks in advance!

Daniele
--
Daniele Nicolucci (Jollino)