cc-licenses - Re: time stamping and digitally signing licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: email AT greglondon.com
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: time stamping and digitally signing licenses
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:11:44 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:02:36 -0500, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> And rightly so, correct? Buzznet was labeling the image as public
> domain without the copyright holder's permission, if I remember right.

uhm, did it ask people what license to use when
they uploaded works and simply default to CC-PD?
if so, then that might be 'giving permission'.
if it simply slapped CC-PD on all uploaded works
and users had to go in after the fact and change
it, then that is a different thing.

I'm not sure what a judge or jury would say, though.

this really comes down to "lawsuit-protection"
though, which is not a business I want to get into
right now.