cc-licenses - Re: Tell us the format of your work

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Tell us the format of your work
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:04:28 -0800

Kasper Hviid wrote:
As I understand, if I want to use a Creative Commons license, I find the right license, and links to the html file. So far, it seems easy.

But what about the "Tell us the format of your work:"? What is that for? If I use that field, what will happen to that information?

It is included in metadata you get when you copy and paste the license HTML into your page. If you provide and you look closely at the code you'll see something like

<dc:type rdf:resource="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/MovingImage"; />

assuming you chose "Video". Same for other work information you may provide on the first page of the licensing process (made visible via "Click to include more information about your work"). All of these fields, including format, are 100% optional, and will not influence the license selected at all.

--
Mike Linksvayer