cc-licenses - Much-needed addition to attribution license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Scott Allen" <Scott AT OnlineBusinessNetworking.com>
  • To: <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Much-needed addition to attribution license
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:18:52 -0600

Title: Message
As I read the attribution license, it only requires that any copies or derivative works attribute the author.  What I need is something that also requires them to include my contact information.  There are a zillion Scott Allens in the world.  I'm happy to put much of my work out there under this license, but if I do, I want to make sure people who want can find their way to the right Scott Allen, which would mean making sure that my contact information -- website, e-mail, telephone, and perhaps my title & company -- were included.

Scott Allen
About.com Entrepreneurs Guide
OnlineBusinessNetworks.com