cc-licenses - Re: Extra restrictions on derivative works

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: email AT greglondon.com
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Extra restrictions on derivative works
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 12:20:51 -0800 (PST)

your draft 2 sharealike license is no different than
the CC-Public Domain license. If derived works can
have further restrictions added to it, then the original
work is effectively CC-PublicDomain.

Your original work would remain CC-PD, but I could create
a derived work and license it All Rights Reserved.

Copyleft (Sharealike) only makes sense if the old license has to be
applied to the new work.

what 'camp' are you trying to satisfy?

I just released a perl programming manual
(120 pages, several months of work)
under CC-BY-SA, and I would change the
license if you changed the ShareAlike
license to what you are proposing.