cc-licenses - Recent questions asked on this list....

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Brad Collins <brad AT studiojungle.net>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Recent questions asked on this list....
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:57:22 +0700

Seems that most if not all of the questions on this list are serious
and need serious answers. There are also a lot of wonderful projects
here that are in legal limbo because of these questions.

The problem is that most of the questions are at base legal questions
which require legal answers.

God knows who is reading or dealing with the list but it is a
discussion list, not a legal advice list and I would suggest that we
talk about what we know and what could/should be done.

Let's use common sense. Use what you know and what you think should be
right and eventually we can draw in or at least get pointed to where
the legal advice is.

If a CC licence doesn't fit what you have or want -- let's come up
with a draft of one that does.... Eventually someone will listen.

What do you think?

b/

Brad Collins
Chenla Labs