cc-licenses - Creative Commons Share Alike License and the GPL

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Chris Croome <chris AT croome.net>
  • To: licensing AT gnu.org
  • Cc: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Creative Commons Share Alike License and the GPL
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 22:54:34 +0000

Hi

I'd be interested to know (and I'm sure others would too) if the
Creative Commons Share Alike License [1] is considered to be GPL
compatible in the way that the Design Science and Free Art licenses
are?

If there is a FSF position it would be great if you added the
information to this page:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

Cheers

Chris

[1] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sa/1.0

--
http://chris.croome.net/#blog

  • Creative Commons Share Alike License and the GPL, Chris Croome, 01/12/2003