cc-it - [Cc-it] [Discussione licenze] Nuova versione delle licenze CC in arrivo

cc-it AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussione delle licenze Creative Commons

  • From: "detomasi.liste AT libero.it" <detomasi.liste AT libero.it>
  • To: "Creative Commons Italia" <cc-it AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-it] [Discussione licenze] Nuova versione delle licenze CC in arrivo
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:47:32 +0100

http://creativecommons.org/weblog/archive/2004/01/#3968

Versioning -- Coming Up

We'll be posting drafts of the new versions of our licenses later this week.
About a month of review time will follow, and then we'll revise as needed and
turn the new licenses on. Throughout the next couple of weeks we will explain
how the process of versioning will happen.

Meantime, here's a preview of the highlights:

* Warranties will now be a matter of choice for the licensor. The new
licenses will disclaim warranties, but licensors will of course be free to
negotiate warranties with licensees who demand them. (We'll also work on a
protocol to help people add warranties if they want to -- but that will come
later on.) Special thanks to Karl-Friedrich Lenz and Dan Bricklin and many
more
for persuading us on this point. More explanation in a separate post soon.
* The attribution clause will include a link-back requirement simliar to
the
one previously discussed here. Licensees will only be required to link back to
licensors if (1) it's reasonably practical to do so; (2) the licensor actually
specifies a URI; (3) that URI actually points to license information about
the work.
* The Share Alike provision will be more flexible. The provision will
allow
licensees to license resulting derivative works under Creative Commons
licenses
that feature the same license restrictions/permissions, including future and
iCommons versions of the same license.
* The Share Alike provision will also be clearer about what happens when
different kinds of Share Alike content is mixed together (e.g., How to
license a
collage made from an SA photograph combined with an NC-SA photograph).
* We're still looking into the issue of compatibility between our SA
licenses and the GNU FDL. Compared to the above improvements, this potential
tweak came on our radar pretty recently. We'll do our best to address it.
Thanks
to the many of you who've written in on this point.
* Other minor tweaks.

More soon.

  • [Cc-it] [Discussione licenze] Nuova versione delle licenze CC in arrivo, detomasi.liste AT libero.it, 01/23/2004