cc-info - [cc-info] ccNewsletter #3

cc-info AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The Creative Commons monthly newsletter.

  • From: Melissa Reeder <melissa AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-info AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-info] ccNewsletter #3
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:27:39 -0700

Dear All,

I know the ccNewsletter is a bit early, but I wanted to make
sure to highlight some interesting things that have happened
recently before the launch of our 3rd annual fundraising
campaign.

We here at CC thank you for your interest in and support of
Creative Commons. We exist because of you and because of that
I welcome any questions, suggestions, or ideas that you may
have about the ccNewsletter content.

All the best,
Melissa

Highlight: As alluded to above, we are ramping up for the
launch of our 3rd annual online fundraising campaign which
starts Oct. 1st. Look for our new website redesign, limited
edition tshirt, revamped "Lessig Letter" series -- subscribe
at http://creativecommons.org/about/lessigletter -- and all
the CC competitions and events that you could hope for.

CC News:
* Lawsuit Against Virgin Mobile and Creative Commons -- FAQ
* CC is hiring a full-time accountant in San Francisco
* LiveContent continues with Fedora and Worldlabel.com
* CC File Info panel for Adobe applications
* Report from the Bandwidth Music/Technology Conference
* 'Copyright, Fair Use, and the Cultural Commons' now on
MIT World
* Unlocking the Potential Through Creative Commons
* Dutch Collecting Societies Welcome CC

Science Commons News:
* A web without science...
* 'Cyberinfrastructure for Knowledge Sharing'
* A report from Science Foo camp (SciFoo)

CC in Business:
* CC, UGC platform integration and customer acquisition
* Sony uses CC in Blu-ray marketing campaign
* Wiki to books: Wikitravel Press launches

Congratulations, Shoutouts, Use Cases and interesting tidbits:
* C-Shirts, Code, and Music in Japan
* First CC-licensed Photography Contest in China
* The $2.2 trillion fair use (U.S.) economy
* Behold: High-Quality Flickr Image Search
* Internet Archive web-based upload
* 60sox — more CC coolness from Australia
* Jamglue: Remix T. Pain, The Blue Scholars, and R. Kelly

We rely on our supporters to continue our work enabling stories like
those listed above. Check it out --

Donate:
http://support.creativecommons.org/donate

CC Store:
http://support.creativecommons.org/store

Subscribe to the CC Weblog:
http://bloglines.com/sub/http://creativecommons.org/weblog/rss
http://google.com/reader/view/feed/http://creativecommons.org/weblog/rss
http://add.my.yahoo.com/rss?url=http://creativecommons.org/weblog/rss

This newsletter is licensed under
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ -- please share
and remix!

Creative Commons is sustained by the generous support of
various organizations including the John D. and Catherine
T. MacArthur Foundation, the Hewlett Foundation, and the
Rockefeller Foundation as well as members of the public.

  • [cc-info] ccNewsletter #3, Melissa Reeder, 09/28/2007