cc-info - [cc-info] ccNewsletter #2

cc-info AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The Creative Commons monthly newsletter.

  • From: Melissa Reeder <melissa AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-info AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-info] ccNewsletter #2
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:20:25 -0700

Dear All,

The second ccNewsletter is chock full of interesting information, use cases, and stories that illustrate the need for Creative Commons within this growing digital world.  It also highlights what is happening internally here at CC and calls attention to the work of others that we believe is important to the vitality of the free culture movement.

Inside CC:
* CC at OSCON, Eric Steuer on Slideshare
* Announcing ccLearn - the education division of Creative
  Commons
* CC Salon SF on WED, Aug. 8th from 7-9PM: Bittorrent and
  Intern Presentations!
* Creative Commons statistics@iSummit 2007
* CC Canada Podcasting Legal Guide
* Spoon to Headline Creative Commons Benefit Concert to Kick
  Off WIRED NextFest in LA
* Lessig@iSummit on the next 10 years

CC in Science: from the Science Commons Blog
* Science Commons' John Wilbanks in Popular Science
* Nature Publishing Group launches free pre-print service
  for the biological sciences

CC in Business
* Amarok developer hired by Magnatune
* PodTech Pays Lan Bui for CC Licensed Photograph
* Community content and money
* Jamendo attracts VC funding
* Blast Magazine Chooses CC

Congratulations, Shoutouts, Use Cases and interesting tidbits:
* Rhizome Integrates Creative Commons licenses into ArtBase
* DIY Now! (book)
* Wellcome Images Launches with CC Licenses
* RAND Europe survey on Evaluation of Internet Self Regulation,
  including CC
* Finding and Quantifying Australia's Online Commons
* Superstars on ccMixter
* Mozilla visits [CC-]Brazil
* GPLv3
* Mainstreaming open music
* CC licensed Film Achieves Massive Popularity on YouTube
* FOSS + Creative Commons LiveContent for libraries
* More media from CC Salon Seoul and upcoming CC Salon info
* Download "Good Copy Bad Copy"

We rely on our supporters to continue our work enabling stories like those listed above. Check it out --

Donate:

CC Store:

Subscribe to the CC Weblog:

and remix!

Creative Commons is sustained by the generous support of
various organizations including the John D. and Catherine
T. MacArthur Foundation, the Hewlett Foundation, and the
Rockefeller Foundation as well as members of the public.

  • [cc-info] ccNewsletter #2, Melissa Reeder, 08/02/2007