cc-info - [cc-info] Creative Commons news for July 2005

cc-info AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The Creative Commons monthly newsletter.

  • From: "An announcement list for Creative Commons news. " <cc-info AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: cc-info AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-info] Creative Commons news for July 2005
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 05:30:23 -0700

Greetings Creative Commons supporters!

It's been a while since we've sent a message to this list, but we'd like to highlight a few things.

* Supporting the Creative Commons
* Join the team at Creative Commons
* Magnatune Contest at CC Mixter
* Creative Commons Blog

* Supporting the Creative Commons: donations and store
<http://creativecommons.org/support/>

We've revamped our online store and donations page to highlight new t- shirts and products available with a Creative Commons logo. We've got new Science Commons shirts, a new shirt for 2005 donations, and a variety of products from Cafepress as well.

All proceeds go to aiding our non-profit and help us maintain our charitable non-profit status. If you'd like to show your support for the Creative Commons, the best way is to become a Commoner today. We offer several different gift packages in exchange for your tax- deductible donations.

* Join the team at Creative Commons
<http://creativecommons.org/about/opportunities>

In the past year we've added several members to the Creative Commons team and we're looking to expand further. We are currently seeking an Executive Director to oversee operations of the organization, a Development Director to help us with fundraising, and a Web/Graphic Designer to help with print and web projects within the organization.

* Magnatune Contest underway at CC Mixter
<http://ccmixter.org/contests/magnatune>

Our music remix site, CC Mixter, is currently featuring our second contest this year. For this contest, you are free to remix samples from any of Magnatune's hundreds of artists. Magnatune is a net record label that releases all music under Creative Commons licenses and the winner of this contest will get their own Magnatune recording contract. The final entry deadline is July 31, 2005 with rules, details, and sample loop libraries available on our site.

* Creative Commons blog
<http://creativecommons.org/weblog/>

In the past few months we've covered a great deal of news on our blog, here are the recent highlights:

Happy Birthday Project:
<http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5483>

Print on demand service adopting CC:
<http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5501>

Updating the FAQ, looking for comments:
<http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5480>

Great CC animation from Australia:
<http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5498>

Microsoft releases RSS extension under CC:
<http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5487>

5 hour documentary on BBS culture released under CC:
<http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5461>

A CC licensed comic:
<http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5486>

How to locate podcasting-safe music under CC licenses:
<http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5485>

Matt Haughey
Creative Commons
<http://creativecommons.org/>

  • [cc-info] Creative Commons news for July 2005, An announcement list for Creative Commons news. , 07/14/2005