cc-india - Re: [CC-India] CC-India list

cc-india AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: CC-India Discussion List

  • From: Frederick Noronha <fredericknoronha AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-india AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [CC-India] CC-India list
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 04:02:25 +0530

Hi Pradeep and group:

I'm am currently working to launch a new imprint for my small, Goa-based publishing house [http://goa1556.in] which will called "Goa,1556 SharED". SharED stands for 'shared edition' and is to adopt a 'some rights reserved' CC-BY-SA-NC license. Please see
https://www.flickr.com/photos/fn-goa/48099957781/in/dateposted/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/fn-goa/48099996613/in/dateposted/

Secondly, I'm also in talks with two institutions to (a) launch a Goa 'old photo' shareable archive, of copyright expired and donated images, to be released under a CC license and (b) start a collection of CC-d photographs on a few themes from Goa possibly with the involvement of a local cable broadcaster.

Lastly, I feel that in a vast country like India (with a lot of linguistic and cultural diversity), we do need regional subchapters for CC, otherwise the whole project can get quite unmanageable. If you'd like to do something in Goa (where I'm based), let me know.

Frederick Noronha
9822122436