cc-hk - [Cc-hk] Fwd: Digital re-use of public data - Seminar on 30 Nov

  • From: Haggen So <haggenso AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-hk <Cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-hk] Fwd: Digital re-use of public data - Seminar on 30 Nov
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:16:17 +0800

Seminar invitation:

In March this year, the HK Government launched the Data.one portal, a pilot project on opening up "Public Sector Information"(PSI). Citizens, businesses, and anyone interested in using the data to create value-added services can now download and re-use it free of charge. The pilot project includes real-time traffic data and geo-referenced data on public facilities such as schools, theatres etc.

Around the world, opening up government data has in recent years contributed to many new forms of service innovation. What kind of useful services and applications could be developed for Hong Kong with public data?

Through the generous support of the European Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong, we have invited  leading experts from Europe to share their experience of open data policies and projects.

We will also discuss potential applications for other public data usage, such as cultural and environmental data.

PSI is a new topic in Hong Kong, but with our high mobile phone usage in the city, we believe that many useful applications will be created.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to an interactive and inspiring seminar on 30 November, 8:30-11:30. The detailed programme rundown is posted here http://www.eurocham.com.hk/events.html?task=view&id=85

Registration: If you would like to join this seminar, please email your name and contact details to info AT hkforesight.org.  Contact number: 2806 0281.

  • [Cc-hk] Fwd: Digital re-use of public data - Seminar on 30 Nov, Haggen So, 11/27/2011