cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] HK$100,000 grants for CC/Open Source-related projects

  • From: Jack Qiu <jacklqiu AT gmail.com>
  • To: Henry Oh <henryoh AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] HK$100,000 grants for CC/Open Source-related projects
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:06:18 +0800

Wonderful news, Henry -- congratulations!

jack

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Henry Oh <henryoh AT gmail.com> wrote:
The Hong Kong Startup Association (HKSUA) has worked with Cyberport to
create the Cyberport Creative Micro Fund (CCMF).  5 *grants* of HK$100,000
will be awarded and the HKSUA will manage CCMF.  The focus of CCMF is
projects capable of rapid development and deployment and I worked hard to
get use of CC or open source as part of the vetting criteria (20%).

I would really welcome applications that benefit the CC /open source
community in HK.  The official "launch" of CCMF is September 14th but I
wanted the CCHK community to know about this ASAP.  We've also been lucky to
assemble what I think is a very good Vetting Committee (names below).

More information about CCMF below (and press releases attached).  Please
distribute to those you think might be interested.  For further information,
please visit http://www.hksua.com.hk

We're also going to be giving a presentation about this at Barcamp
(www.barcamp.hk) this Saturday with further information so please attend if
you would like to know more.

Cheers,
Henry

| Henry Oh
| Co-Founder
| Hong Kong Startup Association (HKSUA)
| d.  +852 2565-8819
| m.  +852 6336-3531
| e.  henry.oh AT hksua.com.hk

------------

The Vetting Criteria:

* Social Responsibility (20%)
- Preference will be given to projects that incorporate social
responsibility objectives as a project focus (including contribution to open
source, Creative Commons and other ³progressive² technologies with a social
focus), exercise ethical decision making, or contribute toward solving a
problem originating from the social environment.

* Management Team (20%)
- Prior track record, execution ability, good probability of launch to
market, and individual qualifications

* Revenue Model (20%)
- The commercial potential, feasibility, and assessment of market potential

* Business Model and Time to Market (30%)
- Communication and quality of vision, direction, short and long term
objectives, market need for product, target market and marketing strategy,
and realistic assessment of the project viability will be considered. In
addition, a product launch of three months from grant disbursement will be
encouraged.

* Technological innovation (10%)
- Use of innovative technologies, creative solutions, disruptive technology
capability, emerging, or breakthrough technologies

The Vetting Committee:

* Mr. Robert McTamaney, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs (Asia).
* Mr. Edmon Chung, Chief Executive Officer, DotAsia Organisation;
* Mr. Aaron Farr, Board Member, Apache Software Foundation;
* Mr. John Lo, Partner, King & Wood; and
* Cyberport Representative