cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] Recruitment of Volunteers

  • From: Haggen So <haggenso AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-hk <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] Recruitment of Volunteers
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:06:39 +0800

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay. This email is about the recruitment of the Web
Presence Team.

The first aim for the team is to "Register Prominent CCHK Projects". I
have updated the Creative Commons Hong Kong Official Web Sites at
http://hk.creativecommons.org . If you "Select Language" ->
"Resources" -> "Examples of Local CC Projects", then you will see the
first Case Study on "A Map of Our Own:Kwun Tong Culture and Histories"
of CCHK hosted on the CC International Case Studies site. The task is
to develop more case studies like this.

The main case studies site can be found at
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Case_Studies There are already a good
number of case studies from other countries for reference. The Case
Study template can be found at
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/images/0/0a/Case_Studies_Questionnaire.pdf
. We aim to create case studies in both Chinese and English.

Please indicate if you would like to help.

Thanks and Regards,

Haggen

2009/6/16 Haggen So <haggenso AT gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> To start small, I have start a Google Group called "IP News Watch Team".
> http://groups.google.com.hk/group/ip-news-watch-team
>
> Those who are interested in the "Legco Watch Team" and "News Watch
> Team" please join in and we will separate the tasks later. A number of
> individuals who are active in monitoring IP News has already joined
> the group and I hope that you can join in too.
>
> Regards,
>
> Haggen
>

> 2009/6/10 Haggen So <haggenso AT gmail.com>:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> As decided in the last community meeting, we need volunteers for the
>> following teams:
>>
>> **Legco Watch Team**
>> This is a team to monitor the government mainly through publications
>> from the Legislative Council. I suggest to monitor the following
>> panels:
>>
>> Commerce and Industry
>> http://www.legco.gov.hk/general/english/panels/yr08-12/ci.htm
>>
>> IT Technology and Broadcasting
>> http://www.legco.gov.hk/general/english/panels/yr08-12/itb.htm
>>
>> Education
>> http://www.legco.gov.hk/general/english/panels/yr08-12/ed.htm
>>
>> **News Watch Team**
>> This is a team to monitor CC and IP related news. I suggest to monitor
>> the following sources:
>>
>> International News e.g. Swedish Pirate Party headed to European Parliament
>> http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/06/swedish-pirate-party-headed-to-european-parliament.ars
>>
>> Local News
>>
>> CC News - CCi, Mainland, Taiwan
>>
>> Question for the two teams above:
>> 1. Is there any teams/online groups like this? If yes, should we join
>> force?
>> 2. Is Google Group a good tool? The current cc-hk list is hosted on
>> ibiblio.org, which has poor support for Chinese characters and blocked
>> by the GFW, unfortunately (probably due to hosting a few Tibet sites
>> http://www.ibiblio.org/index.old/index.feb2003.html) On the other
>> hand, from my previous experience with the CCHK music group, some
>> non-google users have difficulties registering, unless they open gmail
>> accounts.
>>
>> **Web Presence Team**
>> Aim
>> 1. Register Prominent CCHK Projects
>> 2. Encourage the release of materials and promote good practices to
>> maximize public adoption
>>
>> General Direction
>> 1. Use International Hosting as mush as possible, e.g. ccmixter,
>> archive.org, blip.tv, Flickr, Picasa
>> 2. Use International Registries such as CC Case Studies to register
>> the projects. The list of HK case studies can be embedded in the CCHK
>> official site. Taking Germany as an example:
>> http://wiki.creativecommons.org/index.php?title=Special:Ask&offset=0&limit=20&q=[[Category%3ACasestudy]]+[[Country%3A%3AGermany]]&p=format%3Dbroadtable&po=%3FCountry%0A%3FAuthor%0A%3FFormat%0A&sort=Country&order=ASC

> [...]

  • Re: [Cc-hk] Recruitment of Volunteers, Haggen So, 07/27/2009