cc-hk - [Cc-hk] Fwd: Invitation to Asia-Pacific regional meeting on Access to Knowledge

  • From: Haggen So <haggenso AT gmail.com>
  • To: "cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-hk] Fwd: Invitation to Asia-Pacific regional meeting on Access to Knowledge
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:33:49 +0800

Anyone Interested?

Forward Message:
From: Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy AT ciroap.org>

I am the Project Coordinator for Access to Knowledge and
Communications working for Consumers International (CI) from its
Asia-Pacific office in Kuala Lumpur. I am writing to you as a
representative of Creative Commons Hong Kong, about participating in
our Global Consumer Dialogue on Access to Knowledge (A2K), and
particularly in attending our regional meeting on A2K next week.
Sorry for the short notice!

The Dialogue is a knowledge sharing platform for capacity building and
advocacy in areas of intellectual property rights/access to knowledge
and broader communications and media rights. This group will provide
input into CI's activities in these areas, which will include an
Access to Knowledge Watch List and a consumer survey on access
barriers: see http://A2Knetwork.org/.

In particular I was wondering whether you might be interested in
attending or sending a representative to attend our regional meeting
on A2K in Kuala Lumpur on 17 February. The purpose of the meeting is
to bring together CI members and other like-minded NGOs from across
the region in a capacity building and networking exercise. We will
also being developing a strategic plan for the global consumer
movement's involvement in A2K for the next two to three years.

The agenda for the meeting may be found at
http://a2knetwork.org/asia-pacific-regional-meeting-a2k. We do have
some funding to facilitate the participation of members and
like-minded NGOs such as Creative Commons Asia, so if you were unable
to self-fund your attendance at the meeting, we would be happy to try
to assist you in that respect by paying the flight costs.

Many thanks for considering this invitation, and I look forward to
hearing from you in due course with your reply - by the end of this
month if possible.

--
JEREMY MALCOLM
Project Coordinator

Consumers International (CI) is the only independent global
campaigning voice for consumers. With over 220 member organisations in
115 countries, we are building a powerful international consumer
movement to help protect and empower consumers everywhere. For more
information, visit www.consumersinternational.org.

  • [Cc-hk] Fwd: Invitation to Asia-Pacific regional meeting on Access to Knowledge, Haggen So, 02/11/2009