cc-hk - [Cc-hk] discovered a suspected case of a CC-licensed work on Wikipedia being trotted by local Citibank Ads

  • From: Jerry~Yuyu <jerry.tschan.yu AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-hk <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-hk] discovered a suspected case of a CC-licensed work on Wikipedia being trotted by local Citibank Ads
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 23:12:31 +0800

Halo all

As my fellow Chapter broad member discovered

a Local Chinese wikipedian had stated on his user page, claiming that his CC-licensed MTR maps being trotted by Citibank's Advertisements

More details can be found on this page on zh.wikipedia

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Xavier114fch/%E4%BB%A5CC%E6%A2%9D%E6%AC%BE%E7%99%BC%E4%BD%88%E7%9A%84%E8%B7%AF%E7%B7%9A%E5%9C%96%E8%A2%AB%E5%BB%A3%E5%91%8A%E6%8C%AA%E7%94%A8

On the page, the user stated that he had sent e-mails to WMHK & CCHK. We had not receive such e-mail at the moment, and I wonder if his mail had reached CCHK.

As the user is not a registered member of our chapter, so most of our broad member intend to handle this matter personally at this moment, unless this user identify himself via register as a chapter member.

I wonder if any of you had any idea to help him in this stage

Jeromy-Yu Maximilian Chan
Jerry~雨雨
User:Yuyu
http://jeromyu.info