cc-hk - [Cc-hk] CCHK at Web Wednesday tomorrow, 6:30pm - Please join us!

  • From: "Rebecca MacKinnon" <rebecca.mackinnon AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-hk <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-hk] CCHK at Web Wednesday tomorrow, 6:30pm - Please join us!
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 18:29:46 +0800

Hello everybody!

I hope you will be able to join us tomorrow night at 6:30pm for the monthly "Web Wednesday" web community gathering at the Q97 bar in Lan Kwai Fong.

This month we have a chance to introduce CC to Hong Kong's "digerati" (mainly web startup people, people who do various forms of online business and creative work).

Ben and Vincent of the band Snoblind will be joining me beginning at 7pm sharp to answer questions about Creative Commons and why we are bringing CC to Hong Kong. Napoleon Biggs, the organizer of Web Wednesday will be asking us to answer a range of questions.

We are hoping that we can bring many more of you into the discussion - so that we can emphasize the value CC brings to Hong Kong's many sectors and walks of life - educators, NGO's, politicians, artists, web entrepreneurs, and many others.

So please come, and I will make sure that your perspective and ideas get heard!

For more information about the event and location, please see:

http://www.webwednesday.hk/2008/08/web-wednesday-social-mixer-v160-3rd.html

and

http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=25613562357

Best,
Rebecca

--
Rebecca MacKinnon
Assistant Professor, Journalism & Media Studies Ctr.

Co-founder: http://GlobalVoicesOnline.org
"The world is talking. Are you listening?"

Public lead: Creative Commons Hong Kong
http://cchk.wetpaint.com

  • [Cc-hk] CCHK at Web Wednesday tomorrow, 6:30pm - Please join us!, Rebecca MacKinnon, 09/02/2008