cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] license public discussion

  • From: Catharina Maracke <catharina AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Rebecca MacKinnon <rebecca.mackinnon AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-hk <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] license public discussion
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:00:06 +0100

Dear Rebecca and all,

thanks for pushing the discussion and trying to get feedback for the license draft. I guess Rebecca's questions can best be answered by the legal team in Hong Kong who has just gone through all the work to adapt the license to Hong Kong Copyright law. I just wanted to jump into the first question. We as CCi always ask for the first draft of a national license to be the Creative Commons Attribution / Non Commercial / Share Alike (BY-NC-SA) since every other element required for the remaining licenses can be found in the BY-NC-SA. It makes the work on the licenses and the discussion much easier to start in a first step with this specific license and then, once the legal team and CCi has agreed on a final version of that license, - in a next step - to work on all six licenses.

I would appreciate a careful and critical review of this first draft since the detailed discussion at this stage of the porting process will help to avoid problems later on as Rebecca has mentioned.

Many thanks to all of you!

Best wishes from Berlin,

Catharina

Dr. Catharina Maracke
Director, Creative Commons International
Gipsstrasse 12
10119 Berlin
Phone: +49-30-28 09 39 09
Fax: +49-30-28 09 39 10